Ask for a free quote
45What’s the cost of moving?
Are you moving in to the home or apartment of your dreams? Be well prepared! Moving requires good planning. Otherwise, the costs can quickly escalate.
Are you tempted to handle your move yourself by renting a small moving van and asking your friends and family for help? That’s not necessarily the most affordable solution and it’s certainly not the least stressful one. You’ll quickly realize that it’s worth the money to hire professional movers—to save time, protect yourself from injury and limit the risks of damaging your belongings. You can’t put a price tag on your peace of mind!
Factors that influence the price of a move
A variety of things can affect the price of a move in the Greater Montreal area, including the following:
- The distance between the place you’re moving from and the place you’re moving to
- The length of the move (billed by the hour)
- The quantity and volume of the furniture and other possessions to be transported
- The season in which you move (the closer it is to July 1, the higher the price will be)
- The day on which you move (the prices on weekends and holidays are 10 percent higher, on average)
- The moment you schedule the services (the more advance notice you give, the better price you’ll get)
- The size (number of rooms) and layout (alcoves, rooms with small doors, etc.) of the two locations (the one you’re moving out of and the one you’re moving in to)
- The ease of access to the two locations (ground floor, multiple storeys, stairs or elevators)
- The number of movers
- The size of the moving truck
- The supplemental fees for transporting fragile, heavy or complex objects (like a power adjustable bed or sofa, a large mirror, a marble or glass table, a large piece of antique furniture, a safe, a spa, etc.)
- The disassembly and reassembly of furnishings
- The packing and unpacking of personal possessions
- The necessary supplies and accessories (boxes, bags, covers, packing tape, etc.)
Our rates for your move in the Montreal area
For off-peak-season moves (i.e. those that aren’t between the end of June and the beginning of July), our prices are as follows:
- 2 movers: $90 – $115
- 3 movers: $120 – $145
During the peak season (from late June through early July), prices vary widely and are only established upon request.
Don’t hesitate to contact us for a free estimate on your future move, based on your specific needs. Our experts will be happy to advise you and answer all your questions.
Contact Déménagement Constant today
Are you looking for an experienced company specializing in residential and commercial short-distance and long-distance moving, offering the best value for your money in the Montreal, North Shore or South Shore area?