Residential move in Greater Montreal
Ask for an estimate
CHEAP residential moving in Montreal
For a residential move, it is advisable to contact a company specializing in moving, and for that, you are in the right place! Contact us and have peace of mind knowing that professional movers will pack your belongings and disassemble your furniture (if you wish), and transport all your movable property (furniture and personal belongings) to your new place of residence.
In addition, by choosing to entrust your residential move to professionals (like us!), you will have sound support and advice throughout the process. You should also know that we hold a permit from the Commission des transports du Québec (CTQ) and we have insurance coverage for the protection of your property. Enough to make you fully confident!
To make your move a success, we think the following information may be useful to you.
How much does a residential move usually cost?
The cost of a residential move can vary depending on several factors, such as distance, the size of your home, the amount of goods to be moved, and the services you need. It’s best to get quotes from multiple moving companies to get an accurate estimate for your specific situation.
When should I start planning my residential move?
Ideally, you should start planning your residential move at least two months in advance. This will give you enough time to search for moving companies, declutter and pack your belongings systematically.
Can I pack and transport my fragile items myself?
While you can pack and transport your fragile items yourself, it is recommended to hire professional movers for fragile or valuable items. They have the expertise and experience to handle delicate objects with care, reducing the risk of damage during transport.
What should I do with items I no longer need?
As part of the packing process, take the opportunity to declutter your home. Donate usable items to charity, sell them online or at a garage sale, or dispose of them responsibly. This will reduce the number of things to pack and make your residential move more efficient.
Do I need to take out moving insurance?
Although reputable moving companies take precautions to protect your belongings, accidents can still happen. It is advisable to take into account moving insurance to benefit from additional coverage and have peace of mind. Study your options and discuss insurance with the moving company you have chosen.
How can I make my residential move green?
The mover takes care of everything: packing goods,
dismantling and assembling your furniture
. As a customer, all you have to do is give instructions. Your personal belongings are moved with care and professionalism in record time. This saves you a lot of time, which is often lacking during a moving period.
Then you have the option to be compensated when one of your assets is not returned to its original state. Of course, you don’t have that privilege when you make your move yourself. This means that you will not be able to get repairs for any damage. Ultimately, a professional-made residential move can quickly become more economical than if you do it yourself. In short, you get better service in terms of safety and speed.
A turnkey residential move
Have you acquired a new property in Montreal, Longueuil, Boucherville, Terrebonne or Brossard? Are you now looking for a residential moving company to transport your property to your new property? For all your residential moves in Montreal and its surroundings, you can call on a reliable, professional and experienced company : Déménagement Constant.
At Constant Moving, we want to offer a turnkey service and support from the beginning to the end of your move. To do this, we take the following complete steps:
Furniture delivery and assembly
Aware of the sentimental and pecuniary value of your property,Constant Moving is committed to taking care of them at all times and to restoring them to you in an impeccable condition.
How to prepare your residential move?
Before you embark on the actual move, it is recommended to go through preliminary actions.
Planning your move
A move doesn’t happen any way on a whim. We plan things in advance, we are interested in the different criteria that will make our move go well: the cost, the volume to move, the different possibilities available to us, etc. And we’re starting to sort out his stuff. This lets you know what needs to be moved or not. In the latter case, you still have the option to sell them as second-hand items, since this activity is quite trendy at the moment.
Preparing for your next home
You have to plan ahead how to redevelop your new space. It is not when you arrive on the day of the move with your boxes and furniture that you will decide in a few minutes what you will do with all this.
To do this, do a complete analysis of the places: space, technical constraints, etc. You will then know what instructions to give to your mover. This will make it easier for you to unpack your belongings.
washer, dryer, stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, etc.
sofa, bed, mattress, table, desk, shelf, piano, etc.
Thanks to our know-how, our expertise and our equipment,Constant Moving is able to ensure you a residential move without stress and hassle for a development that starts in the best conditions!
Residential Moving: What You Need to Know
Moving to a new home involves careful planning and organization. Whether you’re moving to another neighborhood or region, here are the important things to consider when moving to your home.
Finding the right moving company
One of the first steps in planning your residential move is to find a reliable moving company. Do a thorough research and get multiple quotes to compare prices and services. Look for movers with positive customer reviews and a strong reputation for service. Make sure the moving company is licensed and insured to protect your belongings during transportation.
Create a moving checklist
A checklist is a valuable tool for staying organized throughout the moving process. Start by listing all the tasks that need to be done, such as packing, notifying utilities, and changing addresses. Break these tasks down into smaller, manageable steps and set deadlines for each. This will help you stay on track and avoid last-minute stress.
Packaging strategies and tips
Packing efficiently and efficiently is essential for a successful residential move. Here are some strategies and tips to make the packaging process easier:
- Sort and declutter: Before you start packing, review your belongings and identify items you no longer need. Donate, sell or throw away these items to reduce the number of things to pack and unpack.
- Label your boxes: Clearly label each box with its contents and the room to which it belongs. This will make it easier to unpack when you arrive in your new home.
- Use quality packaging materials: Invest in sturdy boxes, bubble wrap, packing tape and other packaging materials to ensure the safety of your belongings during transport.
- Pack piece by piece: Pack one piece at a time, starting with the least used areas. This approach will help you stay organized and avoid confusion when unpacking.
Choosing the right transport method
The transportation method you choose for your residential move will depend on different factors, such as the distance to your new home and the amount of belongings you need to carry. Here are some common options:
- Renting a moving truck: If you prefer a DIY approach, renting a moving truck can be an economical solution. Make sure you have the necessary driving skills and enlist the help of family or friends with loading and unloading.
- Hire professional movers: For a hassle-free residential move, hiring professional movers is a popular choice. They have the expertise and equipment to handle your belongings safely and efficiently.
- Using portable storage containers: Portable storage containers offer flexibility and convenience. The containers are delivered to your current home, allowing you to pack at your own pace. Once you’re done, the company will transport the container to your new address.
Inform the parties concerned
Before your residential move, it is crucial to inform the parties concerned of your change of address. Here is a list of people to inform:
- Swiss Post: Fill out a change of address form at your local post office to ensure your mail is forwarded to your new address.
- Utilities: Contact your utility providers such as electricity, water, gas and the Internet, to arrange disconnection to your current home and connection to your new residence.
- Financial institutions: Inform your bank, credit card companies and other financial institutions of your change of address to avoid any interruption in communication.
- Government agencies: Notify government agencies such as tax authorities, the Department of Motor Vehicles, and the Social Security Administration of your new address.
In addition to our proven expertise in residential removal and vehicle driving for many years, we have thehighest quality equipment to safely transport your goods:
Regularly washed and disinfected padded blankets
High-quality adhesive strips
Single-use plastic bags for mattresses
Clean moving trucks
In addition, Constant Moving holds the permit issued by the Quebec Transportation Commission (QTC) and has basic insurance coverage to provide additional protection for your property.
Punctual, courteous and competent,our movers will be available and present throughout your residential move. Make your move a success with Constant Moving!
Contact Constant Moving today
Would you like to hire a company that specializes in short and long-distance residential relocation in and around Montreal? Would you like to entrust your assets to experienced professionals, while benefiting from the best value for money?
For this, call now at (514) 220-3505 or ask for a free estimate!
I moved several times with this team: always welcoming and efficient. They move your heavy furniture without too much effort...
Careful and punctual staff
They accompanied me through the various stages of my move. I benefited from a bespoke and very efficient service. I highly recommend them!
What is a residential move?
The 3 most important things to remember about a residential move are:
- Residential moving involves the movement of all property and personal effects from a residence.
- It can be carried out for various reasons, such as changing residence, buying a new property or renting a new apartment.
- A residential move often involves packing, transporting, unpacking and relocating belongings to the new residence.
How to plan a residential move?
Planning is essential for a successful residential move. Here are some key steps to plan your move:
- Set a schedule: Set a specific date for your move and develop a detailed schedule of tasks to be done before, during and after the move.
- Sort through your belongings: Take the opportunity to sort through your belongings and determine what you want to keep, sell, give away or throw away.
- Pack methodically: Start packing your belongings by piece, making sure to label each box with its contents and destination in the new residence.
- Arrange transportation: Book a moving truck or hire a moving company to transport your belongings to your new home.
- Prepare for arrival: Make sure your new home is ready to welcome you by cleaning, installing utilities, etc.
How to choose a residential moving company?
When it comes to choosing a residential moving company, here are a few things to consider:
- Reputation: Learn about the moving company’s reputation by reading online reviews and asking for references to past clients.
- Experience: Check how long the company has been operating in the field of residential moving and if it has specific expertise in your type of move.
- Licenses and insurance: Make sure the moving company is properly licensed and make sure they have adequate insurance to cover your belongings during transport.
- Services offered: Find out about the services offered by the company, such as packing, unpacking, furniture assembly, etc.
- Detailed quote: Ask for detailed quotes from several moving companies and compare prices and services included.
How to pack efficiently for a residential move?
Effective packaging is crucial to ensuring the safety of your belongings during the residential move. Here are some tips for packaging effectively:
- Get packing supplies: Get enough cardboard, wrapping paper, tape, markers and protective materials such as bubble wrap or blankets.
- Pack by piece: Pack your belongings by piece to make it easier to unpack and organize in your new home.
- Protect fragile items: Wrap fragile items individually in wrapping paper or bubble wrap. Use sturdy cardboard and place crumpled paper or protective material at the bottom of the cartons to cushion shocks.
- Label clearly: Label each carton with the name of the room where it is to be deposited and a description of its contents. This will facilitate further unpacking and organization.
- Do not overload the cartons: Be careful not to overload the cartons, in order to facilitate their handling and prevent tearing.
How to save money during a residential move?
A residential move can be expensive, but there are ways to save money. Here are some tips to save money when moving:
Plan ahead: By planning your move in advance, you can compare prices and find the best deals on moving services, packing supplies, and more.
Sort through your belongings: Before you move, sort through your belongings and sell or donate what you no longer use. This will allow you to reduce the amount of goods to be transported and reduce costs.
Pack yourself: Pack your belongings yourself instead of hiring professional packaging services. This can save you on labor costs.
Request quotes and compare: Get quotes from multiple moving companies and compare prices and services included. Choose the one that best fits your budget.
Choose the right time: Avoid peak periods for moving, such as weekends and summer months, as moving services can be priced higher. Instead, opt for less requested periods to get better rates.